Thursday, May 14, 2009

Favorite Day of the Year

I love Mother's Day! My family does such a great job of pampering me and showing me how much they love me. It is always a very rewarding and happy day. I helped it become this way early on by telling Mike and the kids what a perfect Mothers Day for me would consist of, and they've done a great job of making it happen every year. Usually the day starts off by Mike cooking a big breakfast consisting of hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, and orange rolls. The three years he was bishop, he cancelled his morning meetings so he could still do that for me. This year however, just being a counselor, he wasn't in the position to do that (shouldn't every Bishop cancel morning meetings on Mother's day anyway?) so before he left for his 8:30 meeting, he set up a nice place setting for me with my favorite cereal, bread for toast and OJ- using our nicest china and goblets (he had been willing to make the big breakfast and have me reheat it, but I wouldn't let him). We visited the Weyerts after he got home church, then we had the Ericksons, Skeens, Searles, Hatchs, Petersens and Bundys over for dinner and kickball at the park. I didn't lift a finger to prepare or cleanup any part of the party or food. Everyone was assigned something to bring, and Mike and the girls did the rest. We had great food, good visiting, and a competitive and fun kickball game. After everyone left, we opened presents (which all included a very nice note from each of the kids- including Brody, and Mike. . . this is my very favorite part of the day, and it's all I really want in the form of gifts, but if they must give me actual presents, I'm not going to be rude about not accepting them. Haha) The day ended with a great episode of LOST from last Wednesday night that I watched with Kylee and Brody since they had been unable to watch it until now. I'm so glad I could spend time with my Mom, my mom-in-law, all my kids, and many extended family on this most fun day.



Should someone tell Mike it's easier to kick the ball with your foot instead of your knee? Haha

7 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Interesting. My comment isn't invited either. :)

Mike said...

Father's day is a pretty good day too! Looking forward to it:)

Kylee said...

It was a fun day and I'm glad you enjoyed it! What are we going to do without Lost?! I guess we'll just have to watch the old ones now...

tutus n bowties said...

Lee! I'm glad you had a fun Mothers day. Kick ball is the greatest...I have a craving to play now!

Lindsey said...

That sure was fun! Thanks for having us up. Sorry you missed my awesome moves with kickball, but maybe by the end of summer you can see me rock it.

Stacey said...

Looked like fun. You trained the kids well! Nothing like a good game of kick ball before relaxing with a favorite show and bowl of kettlekorn, cookie or icecream???

Shauna said...

Hope you have a super weekend!
♥ HUGS ♥