Thursday, May 28, 2009

Updates

First off, our friend Bruce summitted Mt. Everest! Check out his blog on my sidebar: "The Seventh Summit," if you haven't already. He's one of only abt 240 people who have summitted the highest peaks on all 7 continents. Pretty incredible. When he comes to church for the first time in a few weeks, I think he'll be received as a celebrity! I was impressed with the email he sent today (which is on the blog) where he talks a little about his feelings about completing this goal.

And secondly, I'm afraid that some people who don't go into the comment section of my blog may mistakenly think that we are dog owners by now. On APRIL FIRST, I did a blog post about finally giving in and allowing the kids to own a dog. Anyone who knows me well (and it turns out that not many do) would have been able to recognize that as the April Fools joke that it was, but if you didn't read the first comment - from me- you might still be thinking I'd caved. Not so. We're still dogless, and will remain so until my dying day! For the record, my own mother, sisters, nieces, mother-in-law and sister-in-law all believed the post. Only Stacie and Bundy didn't fall for it! So, the next time I see you two, if you've read this post, and tell me so, I'll give you a plate of cookies for being so smart!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

That was a great update!!.... Joke, I was just expecting an update about your life. That's so cool about Bruce though! I'm glad he didn't die. I need to check out that blog. I'm still interested to know if I would have believed that post about the dog if you wouldn't have told me about it first. Hmm.

Lindsey said...

What a fun weekend. That's funny your amazement with the boys eating bugs. I'm used to it by now. Bundy eats those things even when nobody is around, to just try it out, see if it's crunchy or chewy. It was alarming at first, but now it's just so "normal." Maybe if the boys go on foreign missions then they'll join the fun.

Kylee said...

Sorry, me again. You have to go back and check the post of mine that you commented on. I added something (the second thing) and it's hilarious!

Jord said...

Good for you to remain dogless. I totally agree, and even though my girls love puppies will never get them one. They can do like Ky and buy one when they're married.

Stacey said...

Wow, what an accomplishment. We're planning on climbing St. Heles in a few weeks with Griff and there is still alot of snow. It requires more gear, but pit it against Everest and it's a peice of cake! The year you did it there was NO snow and it was so hot!!! THat was hard.

Diane said...

All I can say is..... remember Steamboat Springs? Enough said!