Sunday, May 3, 2009

"Looking" through the years

Cam's double header baseball games have been rained out the last two Saturdays, so we've found ourselves with some unexpected time on our hands. Since Mike, Jessica and Jake have recently gotten new eye glasses, I thought it would be fun to dig out everyone's old eye glasses and see the improvements. No ones were more drastic than Mike's. But then no-one's been wearing glasses for the last 20 years. I cannot believe that these hideous spectacles were the style back in the day, but I promise they were! Mike was a good sport to put them on and sit there while me and Jessica were rolling on the ground laughing and trying to hold still long enough to take the picture.


It's hard to imagine that we'll ever be rolling on the ground laughing at these awesome looking glasses, but I'm sure it will happen. Next is me. Since I got this first pair of happening glasses when I was in the 4th grade, and got contacts in the 8th grade, I only have my first pair and my current pair to show since I went about 20 years with no eye glasses. I don't wear these current ones much, since I can see much better with my contacts, but it's still nice to have them.


Sadly, we didn't save Jessica's first pair of glasses she wore before getting contacts. Just this pair she had for a back up, and the new current cute pair. She likes to wear the new ones some days just for fun, and if they match her outfit. Haha
Jake got glasses in the third grade, tried contacts in the 6th grade, and has decided he now needs glasses only badly enough when he drives or watches a movie. Contacts didn't agree with him, so he's saving his month for lasix eye surgery someday.

Cam got this cute pair of glasses in the 3rd or 4th grade, and contacts in the 5th grade which he wears everyday. He only wears these glasses very occassionally.
I hope you've enjoyed this tour through the years of our evolving styling eyeglasses. I'm sure most of you have your own you could do a fashion show with as well.

10 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That's funny that you've saved all your glasses. I don't know where my old ones have gone. I think I might have donated them to places. Those are great pics. It's funny how the styles change. Don't you want to tap people on the shoulder who still wear the gigantic glasses and tell them the 80's called?

Kylee said...

You should have put mine in there- those purple ones are almost as bad as some of dad's! Do you still have mine? Everyone else's is pretty funny but dad's are definitely the best!!

Lindsey said...

That is too funny. Mike's pictures are classic! I need to see if I have my old glasses, there would be some doosies in there. I really hope our kids get Ryan's eye sight which is equal to that of a super hero.

Annie said...

Hellarious kid!!

Jord said...

Those pictures are great! I love Mike's faces to go along with the glasses through the years. Everyone in our family has terrible eyes too and has worn glasses/contacts since elementary as well. I hope the trend can stop with my own kids...

Stacey said...

First off...did you say Jake is DRIVING? Isn't he like 14? And 2nd I think it's funny you've saved all those glasses. I am the complete opposite of a sentimental pack rat. "Throw it away" is my new mantra. I do wish I could have a pic of my old glasses right now. Ai-cah-rumba!

Mike said...

Did I really wear those first 2 or 3 glasses? Scary! I guess they went well with a scary face.

Vonnie said...

So funny! The facial expressions (especially of Mike) deserve Academy Award recognition for acting! Isn't it funny that we think those styles are so "cool" at the time we purchase them, but boy, does that ever change.

Stacey said...

The first time I posted, not all the pictures had come up of Mike, but now they do??? Anyway those are hidious! Did we really accept him like that? I can't believe you let him go out in public! Mine in those days were no better! So I'm only saying that in a jokingly loving manner! No offense Mike :>

Kade and Katie said...

i'm so glad you stopped by today, you are too cute! i just love how close your family is, lindsey is darling. i think she should move this way too! i just love ya, thanks for being so great to me and my fam! okay, the glasses pictures are great, i was too was laughing so hard at mike's. could they be any bigger???