Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend Fun

These first two pictures took place the week before Memorial weekend, when the Bundy's came to dinner and to pick up Emma from a sleepover she'd had with us the night before. Brody and Bundy thought it would be fun to EAT one of these beetles that was flying around in our backyard. So they each caught one (not easy), said 1,2,3--- then popped it into their mouth and chewed them up and swallowed them (Brody did gag a little bit). Is that crazy? No one dared them to, no one offered to pay them any sum of money- they just did it for the fun of it. I don't know which one of them is more insane, but they sure do bring out the craziness in each other. It was a good show.
The Sunday before Memorial Day, after it quit raining, we went to the Clarkston cemetery along with Mom, Carol, Gary, Smiths, and Romneys. I enjoyed visiting and learning some history of my ancestors. I love visiting baby Michaels grave, my Dad's, and other family members. We all went to Mom's for soup, then came home and played a fun card game. Von and Rick came to sleep over and we enjoyed several hours of visiting with them.



Monday morning Jessica went running with me, then helped me make a big, delicious breakfast joined by Kylee and Brody. It was a beautiful morning, and we enjoyed eating outside, then going for a fun bike ride in the canyon along the Logan River. The river is swift, full, and noisy. I loved it. I adore that we live less than 5 minutes from the canyon.
While waiting to eat, Kylee practiced some of her daring trampoline moves.

Ky, Brody, Mike and I joined the same crew from Sunday plus Ann and Trace at the Searles for a family work party. Their yard was looking much better when we all left than when we'd arrived. We didn't stay for the delicious lunch that Carol had prepared (with a little help from the sisters) but instead went to the Weyerts and had lunch with Freda, her sister Tiny visiting from Oregon, and Freda's Aunt and cousin visiting from SLC. Mike and I then took the boys to the movie "Night at the Museum 2" (we loved it) then on a bike ride to the Logan cemetery.

This is Matt's sweet treehouse that he built last summer. Carol didn't realize how far up it was until the fall when all the leaves fell from the tree!

It was a great weekend, and we look forward to many more in the coming months of summer.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

I just barely noticed this post! I forgot that you took all those pictures and I've already put the rest of mine in my blog book. I'll just have to squeeze these ones in. What's with my face in the picture at breakfast? I don't remember doing that on purpose or accident for that matter... That was a fun day!

Jord said...

What a fun weekend. You definitely packed a lot into three days and I'm just sad we had to go home and miss the Cache valley fun.

tutus n bowties said...

I LOVE the family pic with the bikes! To bad Mike isn't in there with you guys. Is it weird that I have a slight fear of bikes? After getting chased by a few dogs when I was younger I haven't been able to get back on one!