Monday, October 12, 2009

Although I just did a new post yesterday (and I like to wait at least a week inbetween to milk all the comments possible) I had to do this one now so any of you mom's with kids to dress for Halloween who already haven't got costumes all figured out, can get some ideas from me! Most of these costumes were lovingly made by me (with many ideas coming from Family Fun Magazine) but a few were borrowed. All awesome and gory makeup is compliments of Stacie. Doesn't she do great work? I loved coming up with fun and original costumes for many, many years, but sure am glad I don't have to anymore!

I think this was my favorite year. I really outdid myself---


Although this baby/old lady costume sure got a lot of comments. Many of the more time consuming costumes got used on more than one child, so that made it worth the time to make them.

What I loved best about the nerds is that they acted in character while going trick-or-treating. It was hilarious. Several people in my neighborhood commented how funny the boys were (esp Jake).



Another personal favorite. His football pads sure came in handy!

I have a picture like this in our guest room, and many people ask me what happened to Cam!

I love that these costumes (skunk and skeleton) were worn by both boys. So clever and fun to make!





Whew! It makes me tired just thinking of all the time I've put into creating and making costumes over the years. Which was your favorite? Stacie asked me tonight if I'm going to dress up for Halloween, and I quickly replied that my creative days are over- I don't really want to think about another costume for quite awhile!

Let me know if any of you use any of my ideas on your kids, and how they turned out! Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ugh! Seriously, as fun as it was to see that post it makes me sick to think of all the years I have ahead of me. Especially since I don't see myself caving to just borrowing something or buying something lame from the store. I know myself well enough to know that I have many more years of being creative and spending a lot of time on something just so the kids can collect a lot of candy when I know I won't even let them eat it all in the first place. Oh well, as long as it's all in good fun. Thanks for helping me with this year's project, I couldn't have done it without you.

Jessica said...

Wow, you are so ambitious! I dare to say that I will most probably NEVER make a costume. Way too much effort for me. My poor kids :) You are amazing once again!

Vonnie said...

Wow, what a parade. You did good! I couldn't possibly pick my favorite, they are all so creative. I wasn't a good Halloween mom. I don't even like costumes or Halloween that much. I guess you have to have more "yellow" in your personality or something. My kids will tell you. Oh well, they survived and we do have a few good photos. My favorite was when Dave was an eggplant! Jord and Claire took turns being a good witch and a bad witch for many years.

tutus n bowties said...

I'm behind on post! Super cute pictures of Lydia! she is a doll. Also, I LOVE Jess's zebra coat. She is such a babe. What craft were you and Lin making? I have some fun memories of crafting at your house. I think almost every time I visited I left with something grand. Ky's old lady and baby costume is still my favorite! I can't believe you made all of those. Well done!

Annie said...

My.My.My. You kill me! Those were da bomb. I think my favorite was the cute little skunk. But they were all fabulous to behold. I like mom's idea: paper sack on head with holes cut out for eyes!!

Mike said...

So many good ones - it's too hard to come up with a favorite. I had no idea we've had so many years of kids dressing up - wow! We must be old. Thanks for all of your work over the years.

Stacey said...

I don't know how to scan and I don't have a scanner!... I'm not as good as you about getting individual Halloween pictures of each kids costume. I've got to step it up!