Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fun game/more car troubles

Mike, the boys and I had a great time last night attending the BYU/USU football game in Provo. Teresa's friend Brad got us great tickets, and we enjoyed meeting them before the game for dinner. We were happy to only add 45 minutes to the drive down, and to zip home after the game in just 2 hours. Luckily we mostly avoided rush hour and game day traffic. Luckily too that the game went BYU's way, otherwise, I really hate showing my face anywhere in Logan. . .



Last Friday night, I got the dreaded phone call at 10:30 p.m. with Jessica on the phone saying "mom, I got in a crash. . . but it wasn't my fault!" I knew what was coming as soon as she said "mom. . ." Happily it wasn't her fault (guy failed to yield left turn) but it's been a hassle this week with just two cars, and the guys insurance company is being a joke. We're pretty sure the car will be totalled, as the damage is estimated at $3200 and I'm not sure it's worth much more than that. . . just what we don't want to do right now- look for and buy another car! Mostly because we're needing to do that with the van. The transmition is going out, so instead of putting another penny into that LEMON of an automobile, we think we'll look for something else. Stay tuned. We've got to wait until Mike isn't working ridiculous 15-16 hour days however, and that should happen after October 15. Mike reports that this year may be his worst ever for how busy he's been prior to this October 15 deadline. For those of you who know Mike's work schedule and what it's been over the past 20 years, you'll know he's in a bad way. Pray for him.
A quick football update on the boys: Cam's team who was 6-0 before this morning, just lost their first game to Box Elder- who is undefeated as well. Those boys were huge! Their QB was 6'2" 200 lbs. Hello- that's 2 of Cam! It was a tough loss, but our boys will still be in the playoffs next week.
Jake's team, on the other hand is having a tough year. A lot of Sophomores are playing varsity, so that leaves his team lacking a bit. They have yet to win a game, but he's hanging in there.I'm hoping to post some pictures of the beautiful Cache Valley fall weather as soon as it warms up a little and I can get out on a hike!

4 comments:

Brody said...

I would think it's funny how many car troubles you have, if they didn't cost so much and weren't such a big hassle. I feel bad for you guys! This is Kylee by the way, I just don't want to change the status.

Stacie said...

Oh wow! You guys have a time with cars don't you! Thats too bad!! What will you do? I am glad Jess was ok.. and not her faoult! Mike E man always so busy with work and to think he's going to be even busier??

Jessica said...

What a fun game to go to! Glad the Cougs pulled out a win for ya! Poor Jessica--she has terrible luck with cars!

Jord said...

Cars stink! I am glad you made it down for the BYU game, and more glad that they were able to put it away.