Friday, April 24, 2009

WICKED X 3

For my third time in a year, I attended the musical WICKED- this time in SLC. I love it so much! It was so much fun to go with three of my sisters, my daughters, and 4 nieces. I thought my idea (sorta stolen from the Lake's) for us all to wear green and black was a fun one. We got lots of comments and stares. Especially me with my long green gloves. We had a great time together. It was especially exciting to those who hadn't seen it before (everyone but me, Ky, Jess and Von). I had a dream about going the night before we went, and still can't get the music out of my head three days later. I guess listening to the soundtrack everyday isn't helping. It's not a bad problem to have, so I'll keep it up until I get really sick of it! I'm thankful I was able to get tickets through my friend Denise who has season tickets to the capital theatre. I'm glad Carol's pneumonia that came on that night once we got home didn't come one day earlier or else she would have been home in bed and missed out! Get well soon Carol.









8 comments:

Lindsey said...

It really was so fun! That's nice you're embracing the songs stuck in your head. I'm fighting it because they're keeping me awake at night. Right now I have "we deserve each other..." playing over in my head. Nessa had a good voice, interesting she didn't have more songs to sing. I loved the green and black too, definitely made it more fun :)

Kylee said...

Yay!! That was so much fun. I didn't realize you've gone to all 3 of those in a year. It seems like longer than that since you've been to LA. Thanks for the really late/really fun birthday present!!

Mike said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. It's good I didn't go - I really would have been out of place. Thanks for the warning!

Vonnie said...

Thanks for helping get us the tickets Lee! The hottest ticket in Utah and WE got to go! Wow, I loved seeing it again, even more so than the first time. It was so fun to be together withe everyone.

tutus n bowties said...

Lee! It was so good seeing you the other week. Thanks again or thinking of us to join in the fun. LOVED it! I will try to plan a trip down this summer to stay with you guys.

Nic said...

I love Wicked along with everyone else! We get to go again this July and are bringing our three girls along. They would love dressing in green & black, great idea!

Fun to see your history of eye glasses! i enjoyed your home tour too :)

Jord said...

Thanks so much for the tickets Lee and I'm so glad I was able to sneak in! It was such a fun night and your gloves were definitely a hit.

Kade and Katie said...

i LOVE wicked! what a fun night for you girls. livi hasn't seen it, but she goes around singing the song "popular." i'm hoping people know what she's singing...not just thinking she wants to be popular!