Thursday, July 31, 2008

best college pals

I had the most fun yesterday meeting my two best college friends for lunch in Ogden. Gayle was visiting from California, and Diane came from Bountiful where she lives. We don't get together often enough, but after two hours we had covered a lot of topics. I love the fun memories we share. My two years at Ricks, Gayle was my next door neighbor. I met her cousin, Diane my first year (it was her second year as she is a year older). When Gayle and I went to BYU, Diane was already there, so we all lived in the same apartment complex our first semester, then our second semester, and summer semester, I lived in Dianes apartment- just a floor down from Gayle. The next year, we all three along with our good friend Kim lived in the basement of a dumpy house, but we still had a blast. Diane and Gayle both got married that summer (I had fun being a bridesmaid to both), so I had my last year at BYU to complete without them- and let me just say- it wasn't much fun.
This is us (in '82) heading to Flaming Gorge for a fun weekend of camping and waterskiing with some of Diane's family.
The three of us took a crazy trip to Steamboat Spring Colorado one winter. We had a blast wearing our matching PJ's and moon boots- of which I still own.
Being crazy at Ricks. It was a stunt like this that resulted in a broken thumb for me. . .
Old friends (not age wise) are the best friends I've always said.

6 comments:

Annie said...

You're killing me with the hair!!! I love old friends. I love that you all keep in touch.

Jamie Jo said...

How awesome!! I have kept in touch with Kirstyn and Ashley, and seen them both, but never together. That would be a dream for me to get to play with them like that.

Lee said...

Ann- you think my hair was bad in college- be sure and check out the do in the post "flashback friday!"

Vonnie said...

I remember those girls. You all look so much better now. Funny how that works. There isn't much better than reconnecting with old friends. I'm certainly a fan. It looks like you had a great time.

Lindsey said...

How fun to have old friends. Also it warms my heart to confirm my notion that women, especially Griffen women, just get better with age. Those pictures along with the Falshback Friday pictures are YIKES STRIPES!! I wonder if I'll ever look back at my pictures of me in my 20's and think the same thing, or if it will take a perm to do that kind of damage. I guess we'll find out in 20 years. I think anyone with "Utah hair" will just be moritified in 20 years, actually they should be mortified now.

Kylee said...

You guys had some awesome hair!