Wednesday, August 6, 2008

More cookies!

Jamie has requested this cookie recipe several times, so instead of emailing it to her, I decided to post it here. I got this recipe several years ago from a friend in my ward who brought a plate visiting teaching once. I hadn't made them for about a year, but have made several batches this summer since rediscovering them. They're a favorite of the kids. And speaking of making cookies, I have to brag about my willpower. After talking to Carol at Sydneys wedding I got inspired by her willpower of steel in not eating sweets, and decided I would not eat any either until I lost the 10 pounds I've gained since the first of the year. So in the last two weeks, I've made four batches of cookies and haven't had one taste of dough or even a crumb of a cookie. Anyone who knows my love of cookies should be very impressed. I should just make life easy and not bake them at all- I mean after all- it does heat up the kitchen for about three hours during these hot summer months. But the love I have for my cookie fans and recent company outweighs my common sense!

CHOCOLATE COOKIES
2 cups unsalted butter (I have used salted when that's all I have)
4 c sugar
4 eggs
4 t vanilla
Mix
5- 51/2 c flour
1 c cocoa
2 t soda
1 t salt
Dip in sanding sugar (found at kitchen kneads)
Bake 350 for 11 minutes

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Yay! Those cookies are so good!!! And I can't believe you can go without eating them. My will power is non-existent. That would be why I've regained my weight.

Joyce Anne said...

I tried these over the week-end. They were really good although I may have baked mine for too long. Are they suppose to be soft cuz mine kinda weren't? They were great dipped in milk and no one complained one bit. They know that will mean no more cookies.

Lee said...

joyce- yes, they should be soft. It's hard to tell when they're done since they're dark and won't turn golden brown around the edges like chocolate chip cookies do. Take them out of the oven when they look a little doughy still, then let them sit on the cookie sheet for several minutes before taking them off. Hard cookies are no good!