Friday, August 8, 2008

anniversary surprise

Mike and I marked our 23rd wedding anniversary on June 29th. That was a Sunday, and the day he got released from his student ward- so needless to say, we didn't do much to celebrate. He decided we needed a little get-away to celebrate that and to thank me for supporting him for all his time away while serving as bishop. So, last night after helping with Cam's football practice, we took off- leaving the kids to fend for themselves. We ate a yummy meal at Olive Garden, then he blindfolded me and we drove to an awesome bed and breakfast on 1st E. in Logan- a location I didn't even know existed. It was so cool! I loved our room, especially enjoying a bath in the jacuzzi tub. He had been there earlier to set it up with some fun surprises. We had a great time. This morning we were served a delicious breakfast out on our private balcony. I loved that Mike went to so much thought and effort to surprise me and to make this a memorable anniversary! He is the best and I love him so much.




View of our balcony
Notice the temple in the background. It was so beautiful. This would be an awesome location for a wedding reception.

Mike came home from work with these flowers for me. He also gave me a coupon for a new outfit.


7 comments:

Kylee said...

Way to go dad! he really went all out! What will he do in two years for your 25th? I never even knew that place existed but it's so pretty! Do they do wedding receptions? that would be a perfect place. And those flowers are gorgeous! I'm very impressed!

Annie said...

Larlar, special surprises like that are what make the world go around! That Mike is a gem. Happy Anniversary...late:)

Lee said...

yes, Mike is one of a kind. Ky- they do do wedding receptions there- they have that nice outdoor place w/ the temple in the background and they also have an indoor reception hall. You've probably driven by it lots of time but haven't even noticed. You'll have to notice next time. It's between 2nd and 3rd north on 100 E.

Lee said...

Oh ya, and what will he do for our 25th? The pressure is really on! Maybe it will be my turn to plan it. . .

Lindsey said...

That is so romantical. What a great surprise, and also what a great example to set for the kids. I'll have to take note of that place sometime. Perhaps Ryan and I could stay there and Emma could stay with you ;)

Vonnie said...

What a sweet thing for Mike to do. He is such a great man and Rick thinks the world of him as well. Happy anniversary!

Jord said...

What a great anniversary! I love it when men go the extra mile to make an important event even more special. Way to do Mike!