Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Fun part 2

Just a few more fun activities we did this summer: We had a fun Weyerts family party at a park one Sunday evening. Stacie did a great job of organizing it. We had yummy food, then played a really fun survivor game. We were divided into four teams. First we had to do a word scramble, then we each had to make our own paper airplane and see who's flew the farthest. Next we had to do a relay race and dress one person on the team in some overalls. Last we had to race back to back with a raw egg between us and try to not drop it. At the end of all that, two teams were tied, so Jessica and Brody had a tie breaker to see who could chew and swallow three starbursts the quickest. Everyone had a great time.

Kylee and Sidnie
Avery
What would a party at the park be without Salomon? (my answer may be different than everyone elses. Don't tell the Hatch's though :)











This is Cam and Jake horsing around in the backyard one Sunday afternoon. Can you guess if one of them got hurt in the process?
Jake got mad one day after being stung by a wasp so he dressed up in this gear and went around swatting and killing a few of the wasps' friends for revenge.


Aunt Gayla turned 80 in August, and wanted to celebrate out to "the ranch" where she and her family lived during the summers while she was growing up. My cousin Scott runs the 4,000 dry farm now, so allowed a bunch of us to decend on him to have a party one Saturday afternoon. We had delicious food, and a nice program. Cam got a ride with Scott on a tractor that drove itself! Pretty cool for a city boy. He also learned what a combine does, and got to see how wheat is grown. Cam was a good sport to accompany me as everyone else had other commitments for the day. I enjoyed visiting with relatives I don't get to see very often.





We had another fun party at a park when the Lakes were here. Ann and all her kids, plus our family, the Searles and Mom met at Von's Park (not Romney) in Providence for dinner and a fun survivor game hosted by Jamie. Luckily none of the food items we had to get down were too disgusting.






Cam struggling through the ropes course
Jessica with her two favorite Lake girls!





Jessica, Jake, Mike and I went to Rupert one friday in July to attend Sydney and Adam's engagement open house. Before the party, we drove to Twin Falls to attend the open house of the temple. It was small but pretty. We're glad we made the effort to do that. This makes Jessica's third temple open house (San Diego and Mt. Timp) and Jakes second. (Mt. Timp) Cam missed out cause he was at Scout Camp.

We loved being at Syd and Adam's fun party and to their awesome wedding in SLC the next weekend. They're such an adorable and fun couple.
We celebrated Kylee's 21st birthday with a cookout, badminton, and cards. I loved that it was on a Sunday (even though she didn't) because we got to spend more time with her and Brody than we would have any other day!

Sadly, summer is over, and we're now back in school. Isn't it true that all good things come to an end? But there's great things about the fall that we love, so we'll just wait for more summer fun in '09!









7 comments:

Jessica said...

Ok, your picture proves that I won the Starburst contest! Seriously--look closely at who Stacey is pointing at....hmmm...no tie breaker was actually needed now was there--I want a rematch!

Kylee said...

That was a good and long post! But I can't believe you didn't do a post about most of those things individually... Like syd's wedding, my birthday and both of those parties. Aren't those things big enough and important enough to have their own post? Especially my bday? jk- it's probably easier to just do it all in one. And you were pretty busy anyway.

Lee said...

you're right ky- but only if I would have done them at the time- since I didn't, I thought it best to just lump everything together. Sorry that it's so long people! Jessica- you may be right, but it COULD be that Stacie just looked at you first even though Brody was done at the same time. . . I guess we'll never know!

Unknown said...

Yevon is helping me learn how to comment. So, I enjoy very much

Lindsey said...

Holy freaky that's a lot of fun activities. Good things for blogs because I really think I would forget how fun my life was if I didn't post about it. I'll be so excited to have my blog made into a book at the end of the year. I was looking at your pictures and thought "geese, Kylee is looking sooooo skinny." But then I clicked on it and found it was Theressa. Kylee still looks great, but I was a little worried at first. Great post. We're off to the beach today :)

Stacey said...

Wow that is a lot of fun ideas for games. I like the boys wrapped up in the foam bed rolls. That is hours of entertainment right there! Our kids still have a few more days of summer before school starts.

Stacie said...

Good pictures of the Weyerts family party. I am glad you had your camera cuz I didn't have mine, even if I did I probably wouldn't have been taking pictures, I was too busy bossing all of the clan around! when games are involved we need referee's! ;)