Thursday, August 21, 2008

I love my blog

As it's been almost 6 months since I started this blog, I thought I would take a moment and give some thoughts and feelings about it. I have been very surprised at how easily I learned how to upload the pictures and write and post what I want. I have loved having topics come so easily to my mind when I think about doing a post. I love reading the blogs of those family and friends on my sidebar. But mostly I have loved the feedback I get from you- my loyal readers on the comment section below each post. For those of you who read and NEVER comment- shame on you! That's all I'll say about that. For those who are regular commenters, THANK YOU! (here's a shout out to my most regular commenter: KYLEE, with close seconds from Lindsey, Ann, Jamie, and Von.) To those of you whom I haven't heard from lately -(you know who you are) I've missed you! I have been surprised and happy with the occasional comment (or once only) from cousin Susan, best college friend Diane, bro-in-law Trace, Alyssa Hoffman Foust, Nichole Frost Nuttall, and Ann's best high school friend Joyce. I was also happy the other night to receive a message on my answering machine from my Aunt Lorna saying she had checked out my blog and how much she enjoyed it. That made my day! I love how we as sisters, cousins, nieces, friends, daughters, aunts, sisters-in-law, etc. can stay connected this way and find out about each others lives when we wouldn't otherwise as regularly.

Here's to the next 6 months!

13 comments:

Vonnie said...

Happy 6th anniversary. Keep up the good work! It is fun to read and keep up with what everyone is doing and what is important to them.

Kylee said...

Very good post. And I think the same goes for me too- you are my most frequent commenter. Is that because we are closely related or the only ones that care? Maybe I'll copy and paste that post on mine so everyone who reads mine and doesn't comment can see how much it means. Or maybe we need to say something like- you can still comment even if you don't have a blog! oh well... I still like the whole blogging thing.

Jord said...

I agree that these blogs are a good way to keep in touch, and even though I don't always comment I do read most everything and enjoy hearing what's going on in your life.

Joyce Anne said...

I don't have anything to say....but I was kinda scared not to make a comment.

Jessica said...

GUILTY! I apologize for reading and not commenting recently! I too enjoy the ability to keep up with you guys and your daily events so that the times we actually see eachother we don't have to do a quick review! Yeah for BLOGGING!!

Oh, and it'll be so fun to print it and put it in a book--I'll show ya how if you want--I'm gonna do it yearly.

Carol said...

um. I know who I am.

Lindsey said...

It's funny the whole commenting thing. People who don't comment are only hurting themselves, becaue then it's only a one way connection. Thanks for giving me special mention.

Lee said...

haha joyce and Carol! Yes, I plan to put mine in a book Jessica and will need help with that. Thanks for the nice comments everyone! Oh, and Jord- what do you mean you read MOST everything??? What is too boring/offensive/or long that I lose you on?

Jamie Jo said...

Lee-I don't comment every time either. But that doesn't mean I don't love you...or that you should withhold cookies.

GR8NVA said...

OK, im just leaving a quick comment so I don't get in trouble :) Keep up the good work!

Stacey said...

Comments? I barely have time to read everyone's posts so I make comments on the one's I do read. My ward has become this blogging circle, it's a little wierd. If I'm going to take time to read blogs it's going to be family first and long-distance friends second, but people in my ward??

Stacey said...

Hey where's my mention?? I'd say I come in somewhere around 3rd's.

Diane said...

lee, guilty as charged!!! sorry, but I do love your blog and love reading all about your family. I've especillay been inspired with your journaling(grandma Mayme lives) and with your yearly family album that you just finished! You inspire me do to better! love your cousin di in paradise!