Thursday, August 14, 2008

Three out of four accomplished

I had four things I wanted to do this summer before school started. I got three out of four done- and the reason I didn't get the fourth done is really out of my control. First off, I wanted to finish typing my '07 history, do the cover page, and get it bound for us and each of the kids. This is the first year we've done our own as the 27 year tradition of doing a Griffin one has gone by the way-side. I'm so excited with how they turned out and can't wait to have this tradition carry on with just our family. I typed a broad history detailing everyone's activities, then asked each person a three page survey (questions like: 3 favorite TV shows, favorite foods, 3 goals for the year etc) that I included with a picture page for each child and several of the family. I'm going to copy the Skeens trivia game idea and play it on Christmas Eve with the questions coming from the history. I'm so excited!
My second goal was to update a years worth of the boys' sports in their very simple sports scrapbook that I've been keeping for them ever since they started playing sports. I love that they have it all in one book (well, Cam now has two) and you can see how they've changed from year to year. It's awesome.
Number three was to do a high school scrapbook for Kylee. When she graduated three years ago, I wasn't a confident scrapbooker, so when Lindsey volunteered to do one for her, I was thrilled. She did such a great job, and that book is a real treasure. However, Kylee still had lots of pictures from high school just laying around. This spring I got brave and did a 45 page high school scrapbook for Jessica that turned out so darn cute (if I don't say so my darned self!) Then I felt bad that I didn't do one for Kylee, so she gathered all her pictures for me, and I got that done a month ago (in a weeks time!). It's pretty darn cute too! The last thing I wanted to get done was get some curtains for our guest room, game room, and possibly the family room. Since I need help with that from the master seamstress Freda, and she's been busy traveling and helping lots with the Nelsons, that will have to be something I'll hope for in the coming weeks- months- next year? These last two months with everything done, it's been nice to have time to relax in the afternoon at the pool or with a good book.
This last picture isn't of anything I accomplished, it's just a picture of the new bookcase I bought that looks pretty awesome in my living room. I don't know how that wall survived without it there all these years! Thanks to Lindsey's find, I was able to buy it half price at a darling store in Ogden called Real Deals, so even though I had to drive down and pick it up, it was totally worth it! I LOVE it.





10 comments:

Kylee said...

Way to go with accomplishing your goals. I LOVE LOVE my scrapbook and I really appreciate you taking the time to do that because I'm pretty sure I NEVER would have. And I'm pretty jealous about that bookcase... I love it!

Annie said...

you da queen of getting it done. whatever "it" is you do it! I'm always in awe of your speed. I love it all.

Jamie Jo said...

Love your bookcase! I don't want you to end the summer feeling like you accomplished 3 of 4. What if you just quickly change that 4th goal to making me some of those yummy chocolate cookies?

Lee said...

Jo- you're funny- I gave you the recipe! I've got to stick with the curtains being goal #4. SORRY!

Ky- I'm glad you love the scrapbook.

Ann- thanks for the kind words. I know I'm pretty awe inspiring at times :)

Stu and Alyssa said...

I think I was suppose to have a mom like you. How I got Rene who has no desire or intrest in decorating I don't know. Just kidding she is great! Your house is so cute and that bookcase looks awesome. Great job on all of that scrapbooking!

Lindsey said...

The book shelf can't be beat! I love helping other people spend their money. Good for you for getting all those goals done. I have got to start writing down my goals instead of having them be on some far off "that would be nice to do someday" list. I still need to read your histories, but first I better read my own Skeen fmaily history. I'm totally going to copy Kylee's goal list, that way I will be more motivated. You know how when you go running and you want to walk, you only walk until a car comes and sees you and then you start running again? It will be like that, but with goals.

Vonnie said...

Great progress Lee. Those are valuable goals and they produced great results. I'm not a scrap booker, but I appreciate the work and creativity of those who enjoy it.

Susie2 said...

Congrats on your goals. There is a Real Deal here in Logan - located on Center between 1st and 2nd west. I saw your cabinet there today. It's gorgeous and looks great in your living room. She's open on Thursday afternoons and Saturdays.

Jord said...

I love the photo books of your kids. They will definitely love to look back on them throughout life.

Stacey said...

Scraping...just the thought of it wears me out! Good for you. The kids will treasure those always....I noticed how much better the front room looked the minute I walked in. Love the bookcase!