Monday, April 28, 2008

Los Angeles get-away

I just got home yesterday from the funnest 5 1/2 day vacation to Los Angeles with Freda, Teresa and Michelle. The whole point of the trip was going to the Ellen Degeneres show for Fredas birthday since she loves Ellen and Teresa got her tickets to the show for her birthday. We lucked out the day we went that she was taping her 800th show, so each member of the audience was given a video ipod and an ihome stereo! Score! We were all very excited. It was a lot of fun to be in the audience for the taping and see the workings of the show. We went to the beach, shopped, drove around, had a psychic reading (well, Teresa and Michelle- Freda and I just observed) and went to a movie. We had fun being together.

While in LA, we also went to the best musical called WICKED. Teresa and Michelle had seen it in NY when we went three years ago, and were anxious to go again. We all loved it, and can't wait to go again. It's coming to SLC in '09.

The last day we drove to Las Vegas to see two shows- Phantom and Jersey boys. We really enjoyed Phantom- loved the set and the theatre. I loved the music from Jersey boys (Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons) but didn't love the language. . .




It was a really great trip, and a nice little get-away. Mike and the kids got along great without me- with Jessica doing an awesome job of taking my place cooking and cleaning. I was happy to be home and now it's like I never left!

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Geez Louis Lee You guys really lived it up. I didn't remember to tape the show. Would I have seen you in the audience? Three Broadway shows? Hello?? That is so awesome. I'm debating about getting tickets to the Broadway series here in Portland. Wicked is one of the shows. Phantom is coming here in August and my kids would LOVE it, they know all the songs, but what kind of a price tag comes with it?? I'm so glad you had fun. I'll be seeing you in a few short weeks. I wonder if Mr. Boy needs to have a sleepover at your house?

Stacey said...

I just reread my comment and it reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets upset because her boyfriend (Jake Jarmel?) didn't use an exclamtion point when he wrote down that her friend had had her baby. I should have included several exclamation points in the paragraph above! My apologies!!!!

SaraPete said...

Ha Stacey you are a nerd!!!! Lee, that trip sounds so fun!! I forgot to record it also:( I can't believe you won those prizes! What is an ihome stereo?? I'm dying to see Phantom in Vegas! Glad you had fun!

Lindsey said...

I CAN'T STAND IT! What a fun trip. Especially for a woman who spends so much of her time devoting it to supporting everyone else in the family and always putting their games and activities first. I mean, if you're willing to sacrifice Little Red Riding Hood for the kids, well, then you definietly deserved this trip.

Jamie Jo said...

You're not doing Little Red for your kids? You are a nice mom! That trip sounds great. Who is Michelle? What did you bring me back? That's awesome about your prizes. Did you do some awesome dance moves on Ellen?

Lee said...

i'm rather hurt and offended that not many people witnessed my television debut. . . that's OK though because I have it recorded and I'm sure that's the first thing you'll want to do the next time you come to my house :)stace- the price for those tickets is hefty, and with little kids, i just don't know if they'll appreciate it. . .and mr. boy is definately welcome to have his christening sleepover at our house in a few weeks! sara- an ihome stereo is like a dock thing where you can listen to your ipod through it instead of using your headphones. . .linny- you're right- i did deserve the trip, although mike puts our family first about 15 hours a day and he never gets a vacation :( Jo- ummm did i bring you something? that would be a no. how about a cookie? yes, i'm choosing a baseball tournament of cam's in idaho falls over little red. it's not really a sacrifice, because i LOVE watching my kids perform. michelle is teresas best friend, and a good friend of mine now as well. my dance moves were only outdone by teresa's. you'll see what i mean when you watch! thanks for the comments skeen girls!

Anonymous said...

Not fair, I love me some Ellen :) I Tivo that show everyday, so I'm sure I have it- who were the guests that day? If you say David Beckham I will die of jealousy, for obvious reasons.... I can't wait to go home and look for you on TV :) Glad you had a good trip!!!

Magen

Lee said...

magen- it was friday april 25th it was her 800th show i'm in the middle section about 4 rows up 4 people over from the isle (left side) let me know if you spot me!