Friday, April 11, 2008

my second home

A place where I spend a lot of time during the week is the Sports Academy and Racquet Club- or SARC. We became members of the club about 9-10 years ago when Mike picked up their retirement plan and we could do a "trade"-- his services for our yearly family fee. I think at the start, it was about even, but now he ends up getting paid about $700 a year after they've deducted our $1160 a year family membership dues. If we were to just pay that money out of pocket, I'm not sure I would think it was worth it- cause I'm the only one in the family getting my moneys worth!
The boys like to go swimming in the summer and play basketball off and on throughout the year. Jessica only uses it when she goes to pilates with me in the summer. Kylee was attending very regularly until her schedule changed at USU and she couldn't go with me in the mornings. Mike plays racquetball once or twice a week during his slower times at work- which is only about 4 out of 12 months! During the cold months when I can't run, walk or bike outside, I'm there 6 days a week either running on the treadmill, doing the elliptical machine, going to a step aerobics, toning, or pilates class.
I love that it's only 2 1/2 miles from our house. I also love that it has been recently remodeled and so much nicer now. I love the SARC!!!







3 comments:

Stacie said...

Ah I miss that place. It's such a nice gym. I am thinkning about Planet Fitness (since it's only $ 10 a month) Wish I was addicted to working out like you are! :)

Lindsey said...

Wow! That's really nice. That's probably the nicest club I've seen since Portland. Perhaps that club will be worthy enough to get Sara and Cody to move to Logan some day.

Lee said...

ya, i don't know how that happened stacie! (my addiction i mean) i'm happy abt it though. linny- that's my hope for the petes as well as the skeens and bundys. but all i need to entice the bundys may be as simple as snickerdoodles and free babysitting!